Welcome to the Quality + Engineering CERM (Certified Enterprise Risk Manager®) Academy!
- Risk management is an essential element of modern business operations.
- Risk management is based on fundamental principles, including assessment and mitigation.
- Risk-based decision making and risk-based problem solving™ are the keys to future business success.
- Executives, management, decision makers, and operations personnel need to know risk and how to make risk-based decisions.
- Everyone will need to become a risk manager.
We can help you.
How we can help:
Quality + Engineering (Q+E) developed the Certified Enterprise Risk Manager® certificate program to provide training to engineering, technology and operational professionals. Quality + Engineering has taken the global lead on operational enterprise risk management (ERM):
- Developed the Certified Enterprise Risk Manager® (CERM) Academy for operations risk professionals.
- Developed CERM Risk Insights emagazine (28K circulation + 200K on LinkedIn, CERM Risk News,
- Led the development of operational risk management.
- Developed Department of Homeland Security certified risk methodologies.
- Developed trademarked risk methodologies, such as Value Added Auditing®), CERM Risk Based, Problem Solving and Risk Based, Decision Making®, Future of Quality: Risk®, etc.
- Developed risk frameworks that integrate NIST risk frameworks, ISO 31K risk frameworks, and COSO internal control frameworks.
Why? Every day there seems to be a ‘Black Swan’ event. A ‘Black Swan’ event is a seemingly low likelihood, but high impact, catastrophic event, such as the Gulf oil spill, Toyota recalls, lettuce ecoli, volcanic eruptions, cyber security intrusions, and other operational risk events.
As well, cyber security, power grid, supply chain, interoperability, communications, and other standards are more often based on risk management principles. Risk management is now considered a core skill for the exercise of due care for all technology and operational professionals.
What is CERM?
Certified Enterprise Risk Manager (CERM) is a risk management certificate based n ISO, ANSI, IEC, and NIST standards. We now live in the age of VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity). ISO has adopted Risk Based Thinking (RBT). We now live in the age of VUCA and RBT. CERM addresses VUCA and RBT issues by providing:
- Risk-based, problem solving.
- Risk-based, decision making.®
To Register for CERM Bootcamp:
Seattle, Washington (USA) CERM Bootcamp
September 19 to 23, 2016
Cost $1,950 (USD)
Terms and Conditions:
All Bootcamp participants must read and agree to the below Terms and Conditions:
CERM Bootcamp Terms and Conditions
Greg Hutchins PE CERM
503.233.1012 or 800.COMPETE (US)
Or use this form: