Greg Hutchins is the risk evangelist who coined the expression Future of Quality: Risk® and is the developer of Certified Enterprise Risk Manager® certificate.
WHY PURCHASE THIS BOOK?
ISO 31000: Enterprise Risk Management is the first and only book that describes ISO 31000 in terms of:
- Architect the system. Architecting means determining which elements of the risk management framework, system, or process should be used and tailored based on the organizational context.
- Design the system. Designing the system means determining how each element of the risk management process can be tailored to specific organizational stakeholders, customers, and interested parties.
- Implement the system. Implementing means integrating the risk management framework and process into the organization’s general management system. This step is often a behavioral and cultural change in the project.
- Assure the system. Assuring means risks are being controlled within the organization’s risk appetite and objectives are being met.
ISO 31000: ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT BENEFITS
ISO 31000 risk management framework is descriptive not prescriptive. It describes in general terms risk management principles and elements of a framework. The purpose of the framework is to integrate risk management into ISO management systems such as ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 14001:2015. ISO 31000 is written so an organization may tailor its components to its context and specific requirements.
ISO 31000: Enterprise Risk Management is adaptable to different organizations, contexts, statutes, and environments. Properly architected, designed, implemented, and assured, ISO 31000: Enterprise Risk Management book offers you the following benefits:
- Is an international standard that more than 60 countries have adopted as a national risk standard.
- Is practical for the small to medium sized organization getting into Risk Based Thinking.
- Can be applied and integrated into ISO management systems easier than any risk management framework.
- Can be applied to organizations in almost any sector, maturity level, and capability level.
- Is an open ended guideline that is flexible and open to interpretation so it can be applied universally.
- Encourage proactive, preventive, preemptive, and predictive™ decision making rather than reactive management.
- Identify and treat risks throughout the enterprise.
- Improve identification of upside risks (opportunities) and downside risks (threats).
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Improve financial reporting.
- Improve corporate governance, risk, and compliance (GRC).
- Improve stakeholder confidence and trust.
- Improve ‘Tone at the Top’ and other soft controls.
- Establish a reliable basis for risk based, problem solving and decision making.
- Improve operational risk controls.
- Allocate resources effectively and efficiently for risk management, treatment, and mitigation.
- Improve operational effectiveness, efficiency, and economics.
- Improve incident management and prevention.
- Identify and minimize possible losses.
- Is structured around the PDCA cycle that most operations, six sigma, and quality professionals understand.
- Is a short standard that can be read easily and quickly.
ISO 31000: Enterprise Risk Management cost is $69.00 plus S/H $6.00 in US. Offshore shipping cost is $25. Contact: GregH@europa.com or 503.233.1012 in USA to order.
ISO 31000: ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT CHAPTERS
- ISO Risk Based Thinking
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Principles
- ISO 31000 Risk Concepts and Definitions
- ISO 31000 Framework for Managing Risk
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Process
- ISO 31010 Risk Assessment Tools and Techniques
- ISO 31000 Enhanced Risk Management
- Risk Glossary
WHO IS THE AUTHOR?
Greg Hutchins Is the principal engineer with Quality + Engineering. He has written a number of best selling ISO 9001, supply management, and quality books as shown on the right.
I have been in quality for more than 30 years. I go back to the Mil Q (predecessor of ISO 9001) and Mil I (inspection) days of quality. I have been involved with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) for a dozen years and product risk (FMEA) for almost 20 years. A little more background may also help:
- Principal Engineer with Quality + Engineering, a Critical Infrastructure Protection: Forensics, Assurance, Analytics® engineering firm.
- Risk engineer and consultant for global companies.
- Developer of Future of Quality: Risk slide deck that went viral on Linkedin.
- 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 27001 management systems consultant.
- Lead instructor and consultant for one of the first North American certification bodies.
- Author of best selling ISO 9001 (translated into more than 8 languages).
- Author of Value Added Auditing™ – the first risk-based, quality-auditing and assurance book.
- Author of multiple risk-based, auditing books, which have been approved by national authorities.
- Author of 100′s of quality and risk articles for ASQ, PMI, IEEE, IIE, QD, and many other journals.
- Developer of Certified Enterprise Risk Manager® and other risk certificates.
- Founder of CERM Risk Insights™ emagazine with a circulation that is doubling each year.